T-window - clean up powerpoint files
Thread poster: Camilla Larsen

Camilla Larsen
Norway
Local time: 23:24
German to Norwegian
+ ...
May 27, 2004

I've used T-window to translate a powerpoint file for the first time. Do I need to clean up the file, and how do I do it? I've tried the clean up command in workbench, but the log file says "cleaned 0"....

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
T-Window works differently May 27, 2004

Hi Camilla,
T-Window for PowerPoint works differently - you will need to remove the source segments using the corresponding item in the Trados menu in T-Window.

If you have T6.5, I would strongly recommend using TagEditor.

HTH, Ralf

Alison Schwitzgebel
France
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
TagEditor for ppt? May 27, 2004

Ralf Lemster wrote:

If you have T6.5, I would strongly recommend using TagEditor.

You mean that I can use tag editor to translate ppt files with 6.5? Guess I should have read the paper bumpf they sent me

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
PPT & XLS May 28, 2004

Hi Alison,
Definitely - TagEditor 6.5 supports both PowerPoint and Excel, and works much better than the old T-Windows.

One thing to bear in mind is that opening the files in TE for the first time can take quite a long time - this is normal, as TE needs to convert all formatting/cell information to tags. Once you save it as .ttx, the performance is normal.

HTH, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

T-window - clean up powerpoint files

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search