Thread poster: ma1cius

ma1cius
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:22
French to English
+ ...
Jan 9, 2012

Hi

I'm using Studio 2009 and wanting to align some .doc files using WinAlign.

In the File Preferences part of the General tab for creating a new project there is the check box for TRADOStag XML Workflow for Word .doc files.

Is it preferable to check this box or leave it unchecked? What are the pros and cons of each workflow?

Thanks.

ma1cius
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:22
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Didn't work with the TRADOStag XML workflow Jan 10, 2012

Well, whatever the general merits of the two approaches, in the case of my two files the alignment didn't work with the tick in the check box (although that may, of course mean I did something else wrong). It did, however work with the RTF approach.

If someone could help me more with the theory behind the two approaches, that would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Malc

Heinz Rudolf  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:22
German to Spanish
+ ...
Check box XML workflow in WinAlign Feb 17, 2012

Hello,

for Studio 2009 it was recommended to activate this box for Word documents (*.doc) because Studio works on a XML base. Nevertheless, this setting is not mandatory, but recommended for processing DOC files (NOT *rtf files). I am afraid you did something else wrong.

Best regards,

Heinz

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WinAlign TRADOStag XML workflow check box

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search