Thread poster: Marthina Pettersson Cevallos

Marthina Pettersson Cevallos  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 23:23
Spanish to Swedish
+ ...
Jan 17, 2012

Hello everyone,

This afternoon when I was about to open my Studio 2009 application an error message came up saying: "An unexpecting error has occured when loading the complements of the application". And then in the detailed information it says that the "hexadecimal value 0x00 is not a valid character" (translated from Spanish) and then it mentions the position, line etc. The last document I translated was an Excel file.
Does anyone know what to do about this?

I am grateful for any help that you give me.

Thanks in advance.

Marthina

Mervyn Henderson  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Same problem Feb 13, 2012

Hello everyone,

The same problem came up on my Studio 2009 this morning. Does nobody have a work-around for it?

Best,

Mervyn

Marthina Pettersson Cevallos  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Possible solution Feb 13, 2012

Hi Mervyn,

The only thing I came up with was to return the license (thourgh the license manager in the carpet in start menu) and then install it on another computer and now it works fine. But I don't know if you can return the license and re-install it on the same computer again.

Hope this helps you.

Kind regards,

Marthina

Mervyn Henderson  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Reinstall Feb 13, 2012

Hi Martina,

Thanks a lot - I reckon I'll have to do that, then.

Best,

Mervyn

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot open Studio 2009

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search