Trados 2009 + conditional text in FrameMaker mif file
Thread poster: Morar Bras
Morar Bras
Local time: 03:33
French to English
+ ...
Jan 25, 2012

Hello all,
I am trying to open a FrameMaker mif file in SDL Trados 2009, and the mif file contains conditional text - Product 1 and Product 2.
When I save the mif file with just Product 1 or just Product 2 valid, the file opens fine in SDL Trados 2009. However, when I try to open the same file with both products valid, I systematically get an error message "Unmatched tag pair/locked content calls detected!"
Can anyone help me out here as it's driving me mad!
Many thanks in advance

Direct link Reply with quote

Bill Curran
German to English
MIF conditional text problems with trados 2009 but not across Mar 23, 2012

Morar,
We've experienced the same problem when processing MIF9 files in Studio2009 and Studio2011. The problem MIF file also had conditional text and the error message was "locked content calls detected"

I tried the SDL Studio2009 hotfix from 7.Feb 2012, but it didnt help

Interesting thing was that we had no problem opening and translating the file in Across.

Bothersome , because we really want to stick with trados for this project.

Bill Curran

Morar Bras
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Possible solution found Mar 23, 2012

Bill,
After taking my mif files apart, I found the problem came from having 2 anchored frames in the same paragraph, but with each frame having a different conditional text setting (1 for Product 1 and one for Product 2). So I separated the anchored frames into two different paragraphs and placed the conditional text setting for the whole paragraph, and then I didn't have any problems opening the mif files in SDL Trados 2009.
I hope this helps?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2009 + conditional text in FrameMaker mif file

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search