Searching through a long project
Thread poster: RichardDaly

RichardDaly
Belgium
Feb 1, 2012

I have a long project (100 or so files) - a Concordance search shows that I translated a term in a particular way in a previous file. I would like to change this. Can I do a search to find which file it is in, or do I have to open all the previous files and search manually?

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:07
English
Which version? Feb 1, 2012

Hi Richard,

You don't mention the version you are using, but if you use Studio then you can use the Batch Search & Replace Application from the Open Exchange (for 2009, it's installed in the start menu if you use 2011).

http://www.sdl.com/en/language-technology/sdl-openexchange/AppDetails.aspx?appid=35

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Searching through a long project

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search