Perrine PETITJEAN  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:20
Member (2010)
German to French
+ ...
Feb 1, 2012

Hi,

I have got a major problem with SDL Studio 2009.

At first, I had this message : "Une erreur s’est produite durant l’utilisation du fournisseur de traduction MT Enhanced using Google Translate : there was a problem getting the translation. PLease verify that you have entered the correct API key and that your language pair is supported."

Now, when I place the cursor in segment, Studio refuses to open the segment and the following message appears : "La référence d'objet n'est pas définie comme une instance d'un objet".

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Remove Google from translation providers Feb 1, 2012

Restart Studio and try again.
The error should disappear.

Perrine PETITJEAN  Identity Verified
France
Member (2010)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Bug with "MT Enhanced using Google Translate" Feb 2, 2012

Thank you, Jerzy, but I totally removed the software from my computer and it still doesn’t work.

Maybe you could help me with this: In fact, I dowloaded “MT Enhanced using Google Translate”(http://www.sdl.com/fr/language-technology/sdl-openexchange/AppDetails.aspx?appid=155#tab2) in order to replace Google Translate as a translation provider (because Google Translate didn’t work anymore), but I probably entered the wrong API key. Could anyone tell me where I can found this API key for “MT Enhanced using Google Translate”?

[…]

Ok, I just found this on internet:
MT Enhanced using Google Translate
Known bugs:
Issue:
8 January 2012: One user reports that an update to Studio 2009 (version 1.3.2305.0) has broken the plugin on that user's installation of Studio 2009. The user reports that the plugin now erroneously indicates that untranslated segments have already been translated.
Unconfirmed: This problem could not be replicated and has not been confirmed. Please report if you are having the same issue.

Report a Bug:
Support is limited to reporting of bugs. Please bugs using the form below, describing the bug in as much detail as possible. You may include a return email address, but I cannot guarantee a response to all reports. Complete the Captcha to submit the form.

In fact, there is a bug due to an update of Studio 2009!
I should probably remove “MT Enhanced using Google Translate” from my translation provider and use Google Translate or SDL Language Weaver instead?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Sorry, I am not an expert for Google Feb 2, 2012

I just remember having read somewhere, that you needed an update to be able to run the Google translate in Studio, because it is now a paid solution.
The API key is something you must get from Google, when you pay for their services.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message in Studio 2009

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search