Does SDL Trados 2009 support Indesign cs 5.5 files?
Thread poster: Martin Damiano Alcorta

Martin Damiano Alcorta  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:28
Member (2012)
English to Spanish
Feb 1, 2012

I just wanted to know that, because so far I haven't been able to open a file from Indesign cs 5.5 in Trados 2009. Bear in mind that I have installed SP3 (Trados)... Thanks in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

Owen owenfw
Local time: 11:28
Finnish to English
+ ...
Is Indesign not really supported anymore? Mar 12, 2012

I have the same question. IDML file was corrupt when opening in Trados 2009

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:28
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
CU16 installed? Mar 12, 2012

Go to http://kb.sdl.com and check the article 3353
With this CU you should be able to open CS5.5 IDML in Studio 2009

Martin Damiano Alcorta  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:28
Member (2012)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Great! Mar 12, 2012

@Jerzy Thanks a lot! This is very useful!

Peter Adolph
Member (2006)
English to Danish
+ ...
Is it necessary to have CS 5.5 to work with InDesign in Studio 2009? Apr 30, 2012

In addition to the above thread, I am curious to know if it is necessary to have InDesign CS 5.5 to be able to process files of that type in Studio 2009 SP3?

I have CS 3 and am hoping I don't need to buy an expensive upgrade in order to help out my clients with CS 5.5.

Besides, the Help for Studio 2009 SP3 does not mention support of CS 5.5. Is it normal that SDL does not update the Help?

Can anyone help with this?

KR
Peter

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Not necessary Apr 30, 2012

Peter Adolph wrote:

In addition to the above thread, I am curious to know if it is necessary to have InDesign CS 5.5 to be able to process files of that type in Studio 2009 SP3?

I have CS 3 and am hoping I don't need to buy an expensive upgrade in order to help out my clients with CS 5.5.

Besides, the Help for Studio 2009 SP3 does not mention support of CS 5.5. Is it normal that SDL does not update the Help?

Can anyone help with this?

KR
Peter

Hi,

It has never been necessary to have any version of InDesign installed to process these files. The only time you need this is if you wish to be able to use the "View In" feature from the File menu. This requires the application associated with the filetype you are translating because it opens the target translation in the native environment. So you "View In" InDesign.

Support for InDesign CS 5.5 was introduced with Studio 2011 and Studio 2009 SP3 CU 16. You can find this referenced in the KB as this is where we update the CUs but you are right in that the online help for 2009 does not reflect this:

http://kb.sdl.com/kb/article?ArticleId=3353&source=article&c=12&cid=23

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does SDL Trados 2009 support Indesign cs 5.5 files?

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search