Erroneous TM behaviour in Studio 2011
Thread poster: Vocabulum

Local time: 14:06
Feb 1, 2012

I have just purchased this new SW, and to my astonishment I found that its TM still suffers from glitches.

I have been using Trados for more than 10 years now, so I think I know quite a lot about this software.

So, the thing is that here is a sentence.

View settings and magnification of the display window.

I have updated the TM and checked in the TM window, in the TM itself that the segment has been saved. It is there. And then when I run a concordance search for "display window", the search returns nothing. There are no tags in this particular segment, and as I said before the segment itself is present in the TM. Concordance does not return any hits this "display window" combination. It is set at 30% now, I guess it is the lowest possible setting.

Searches for other random expressions SOMETIMES return exact matches, but sometimes a two-word phrase appear at 100% and then come (in the concordance ppane) some 90+ matches, and then suddenly at 78% again, the exact two-word phrase appears again.

The actual file is a TTX.

Any hints, ideas as to why this happens are greatly appreciated.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Erroneous TM behaviour in Studio 2011

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search