This product cannot be installed on a machine that has SDL Trados 2007 on it.
Thread poster: Yasemin Açıkgün

Yasemin Açıkgün  Identity Verified
Turkey
Member (2005)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Feb 2, 2012

Hi,

I was using the SDL Trados 2007 Suite which comes together with Trados Studio 2009.
Then they've provided free upgrade to Studio 2011 and then to Studio 2011 SP1.

As my clients started to ask for Studio 2009/20011, I thought it's time to install it and start to learn how to use.

But when I try to download SDL Trados Studio 2011 SP1, I got this error window :

"This product cannot be installed on a machine that has SDL Trados 2007 on it. Please remove SDL Trados 2007 and retry."

As far as I know Trados 2007 and Trados Studio 2011 can be used together on the same computer with no problem.

I have tried a few times to remove anything Trados related and then to reinstall 2007. But I still get the same message when I try to install Studio 2011 SP1 and the installation fails.

Is there a solution to resolve this issue ?

Direct link Reply with quote

Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Estonia
English to Russian
+ ...
Works for me Feb 3, 2012

Alas, I can't help you specifically, but I've just made an upgrade from 2009 to 2011 (with 2007 installed) and haven't encountered such an error.

[Edited at 2012-02-03 10:39 GMT]

Géraldine Chantegrel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 06:59
Member (2007)
German to French
+ ...
Knowledge base Feb 3, 2012

Hi Yasemin,

Both work perfectly on my PC too but this KB article might help you: http://kb.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=3902&p=1

Good luck!

Géraldine

Yasemin Açıkgün  Identity Verified
Turkey
Member (2005)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No installed file with this name Feb 3, 2012

Thank you Artem and Geraldine..

The article claim that it resolves my issue but the problem is there is no installed file with the name "File Format Filter Update for SDL Trados 2007 Suite" in the list of installed products.

I have also made a search in my computer but there is no file with this name.

I think I have a very strange problem here..

Still couldn't install Studio 2011

Kerstin Roland  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:59
Member (2003)
German to English
Experiencing the same problem Sep 8, 2012

Dear Yasemin,

I just found this posting and we are experiencing the same problem. We are doing an upgrade to Studio 2011 and received the same message as you when trying to upgrade from Studio 2009 to 2011, but there is no file by that name in our list of installed products either.

I was wondering if you've been able to install the software since and perhaps what may have resolved your issue.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Kerstin

Madeleine Chevassus  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 06:59
Member (2010)
English to French
Studio 2009 is compatible with classical Trados 2007 suite and SDLX Sep 9, 2012

Hello

I bought Studio 2009 2 years ago. This entitled me to download & install Trados 2007 suite and SDLX. I use SDLX for some projects.

When I was proposed to migrate to Studio 2011, I've been told during a SDL seminar that it would be incompatible with Trados 2007 suite and SDLX.

This is why I didn't yet migrate to Studio 2011.

A lot of agencies are still working with Trados 2007 suite and SDLX.

I hope it helps

Marie

Kerstin Roland  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:59
Member (2003)
German to English
Successful installation Oct 2, 2012

My husband was able to install all the software. We ended up purchasing a new computer (which we had planned anyway), but he still ran into the same problems installing Studio.

We ended up finding a link (I apologize, I looked all over the net and can't seem to locate it any more) that directed us to install the installation modules separately. This is also described in chapter 2 of the Studio 2011 Installation Guide, under "Other Installation Options". However, the files (modules) listed there were not in the location indicated in the manual, so you may need to search for them.

He then installed each Windows Installer Package (I believe this is for Windows 7) individually (jre1.6.0_24.msi; MTAdministrator9.msi; MTConvert9.msi; MTCore9.msi; MTStudio9.msi; MTWidget9.msi and MTWordIntegration9.msi). I know that at least one of them wouldn't install at first, but after he continued down the list and had installed the others, he went back to the one that had skipped and it installed fine then.

It seems that everything is working well, so it was successful, and after some initial reservation, I have to admit I really like Studio 2011. But I never could have done it on my own with the limited computer knowledge I have.

I apologize if this is a bit vague, but hope it will point anyone with the same problem in the right direction.

Good luck!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

This product cannot be installed on a machine that has SDL Trados 2007 on it.

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search