2GT
2GT  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 00:19
English to Italian
+ ...
Feb 4, 2012

Hi all,

I have Multiterm 2009 SP4 and Passolo TE 2009 SP7 and I have a problem about the integration of Multiterm terminology into Passolo.

I loaded the MT termbase into Passolo with no problems, but nothing happens when clicking on Lookup terminology in the context menu on the highlighted word.

Well, I can search the same with the MT widget (or turning the MT termbase into a Passolo glossary), but I can't explain why simply looking up into the termbase is
... See more
Hi all,

I have Multiterm 2009 SP4 and Passolo TE 2009 SP7 and I have a problem about the integration of Multiterm terminology into Passolo.

I loaded the MT termbase into Passolo with no problems, but nothing happens when clicking on Lookup terminology in the context menu on the highlighted word.

Well, I can search the same with the MT widget (or turning the MT termbase into a Passolo glossary), but I can't explain why simply looking up into the termbase is not successful.

Thanks for any reply.
Gianni
Collapse

2GT
2GT  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Some more details Feb 5, 2012

I tried another combination of software, Multiterm 2009 SP4 and Passolo TE 2011 SP5 work perfectly together, with perfect integration of Multiterm and Trados TMs into Passolo Translator Edition 2011.

The combination of Multiterm 2009 SP4 and Passolo TE 2009 SP7 keeps on not working. Are these 2 SDL products compatible?

I have also found a problem between Passolo TE 2009 SP7 and Trados 2007. Also their integration does not work when I try to store a Passolo segment into
... See more
I tried another combination of software, Multiterm 2009 SP4 and Passolo TE 2011 SP5 work perfectly together, with perfect integration of Multiterm and Trados TMs into Passolo Translator Edition 2011.

The combination of Multiterm 2009 SP4 and Passolo TE 2009 SP7 keeps on not working. Are these 2 SDL products compatible?

I have also found a problem between Passolo TE 2009 SP7 and Trados 2007. Also their integration does not work when I try to store a Passolo segment into the Trados 2007 TM, and I get the following error message:
------
ERROR - Unhandled Exception in Add-In. Component='DnTradosStudio.TranslationsComponent' Method='StoreTranslation' Message='Object reference not set to an instance of an object.'
------
I don't understand why it tries to use the 'DnTradosStudio.TranslationsComponent' (Trados Studio) to store the translation, while I am using a Trados 2007 TM...

Are these 2 SDL products (Passolo TE 2009 and Trados 2007) also compatible?

It seems I can load the termbase and the TM into the add-ins without any problems, but then they simply don't work...

I don't want to try all possibile combinations of Passolo TE versions with Trados+Multiterm versions to complete my job (I have found a workaround for now).
I would have happily used Passolo TE 2011, but I can't, since .bulic800 files (Passolo TE 2009 format) can't be read in Passolo TE 2011.

Bye
Gianni
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
This should work Feb 6, 2012

Hi Gianni,

It should work correctly, even with TagEditor 2007. You should download the latest service pack and retest from your "My Account". It should be this one:

Translator2009_SP9.exe

If it's not there drop me an email and I'll get you download link.

Regards

Paul
[email protected]

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
My mistake... Feb 6, 2012

... it won't be in your My Account because this is the free version. So drop me an email so I know who you are and I'll email you the download link.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Passolo Translator Edition 2009 and Multiterm 2009

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »