Silvina Dell'Isola Urdiales  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 04:47
Member (2003)
Italian to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 5, 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to reinstall all my softwares after a HD crash.

I cannot use anymore my previous license activation codes, since the following message appears:

The activation of the fulfillment is denied by the activation policy because max extra acts exceeded # 5873-205736 (Error code 50040)

Thanks for your help

silvina

Thomas Rühl  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
Have activation code reset Feb 6, 2012

Hello Silvina,

you'll just need to contact the SDL support to reset your activation code. Go to http://kb.sdl.com/display/2/index.aspx?tab=sf, select "I receive an error message related to ..." and click through the options until you reach the contact form.

Regards,
Thomas

Italy
Member (2003)
Italian to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
returned liicence through Notebook License Manager Feb 6, 2012

Hi Thomas,

I can't open the link you provide.

I've got a Freelance Plus License of SDL Studio 2009.

Anyway I already written to SDL since yesterday I managed to return the License through the License Manager of the notebook in order to finish a job in the desktop PC I could recover after the HD crash.

Now I've lost the license on my notebook and I can't have it again...
The software gives the same error when I try to enter the code in the notebook..

I wrote to SDL but I haven't received yet any feedback...

Thanks for your support

silvina

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Just to confirm.. Feb 6, 2012

Hi Silvina,

Occassionally I see people posting that they have written to SDL, but they have not done this the most efficient way and by the time the emails find their way to the licensing team (if they do) these users are pretty annoyed..!

This particular error message relates to this KB article:

http://kb.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=3584&p=1

So just to make sure, if this isn't what you have done, go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder and now go here;

Licensing Problems
- I receive an error message related to activating or returning my license, or I have an issue related to product activation.
-- I have SDL Trados Studio 2009 / SDL MultiTerm 2009 or earlier.
--- I get error message 50040 during license activation.
---- I have tried the solution in the articles, but I still get the error message.
----- I have waited more than 30 minutes after returning my license before I tried activating my software.

This will bring up a form that you can fill in to generate a support request and you will be contacted, normally within a day.

I hope this helps if you don't get an joy with the mechanism you did use.

Regards

Paul

Italy
Member (2003)
Italian to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks I'0ll go through to all these stages Feb 6, 2012

Hi Paul,

It wasn't my intention to be annoying or critical but I'm just saying that I sometimes find the site not so immediatedly usable and I loose myself while searching what I need..

I thank you very much for the stages indicated I'll go through all of them and then I'll tell you if I managed to sort out the problem...

silvina

Italy
Member (2003)
Italian to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
NO solution yet - #1740-681892 (error code 50040) Feb 8, 2012

Hi Paul,

I tried to follow the steps you indicated but it didn't take me to send any ticket support to the licensing team

After having tried to insert the activation codes on my notebook, the following message appears

The activation of the fulfillment is denied by the activation policy because max. extra acts exceed. #1740-681892 (error code 50040)

I really hope you can help me to sort out this problem, please

TIA

silvina

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Case is raised Feb 8, 2012

Hi Silvina,

I have just gone through the process for you and dropped you an email accordingly.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2009 Freelabce Plus - Error code 50040

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search