Working with Trados Studio 2011 Freelance Plus + SDL Trados 2007 Suite Freelance on same computer
Thread poster: Julie Napier

Julie Napier  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 20:39
Member (2013)
French to English
+ ...
Feb 6, 2012

I have installed Trados Studio 2011 Freelance Plus + SDL Trados 2007 Suite Freelance on the same computer and want to work with both versions as and when required. With the current installation I only seem to be able to translate in the 2011 version as the 2007 toolbar does not appear in word (I am using MS Office 2010). How can I retrieve the toolbar and work with both versions?

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:39
English to French
+ ...
Word Version Feb 6, 2012

Hi Julie,

This has been discussed before, roughly if you're using MS-Word 2010 (64-bit) it won't work, if it's a 32-bit version, copy Trados8.dotm into the Word Startup directory.

HTH,

Bernard

Ireland
Member (2013)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still unable to solve problem Feb 6, 2012

Hi Bernard,

Many thanks for your response.

I'd scoured the forum for answers to my problem and seen this solution, which I've been trying to follow, but can't seem to find the correct template in my program files. The only add-in I have in word (I'm using the 32 bit version) is Multiterm 2011 and the template I'm looking for in order to copy it into the Start-up doesn't seem to be available... has anyone else experienced this problem?

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Hi Julie Feb 6, 2012

Sorry if my question would seem stupid, but I am going to ask anyway.

You write: "I have installed Trados Studio 2011 Freelance Plus + SDL Trados 2007 Suite Freelance on the same computer..." From these words it appears to me that maybe you assume that by installing Studio you are installing also Trados 2007. Are you aware that you should download and install Trados 2007 separately?

Natalia

[Edited at 2012-02-06 20:43 GMT]

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
What is your OS Feb 6, 2012

Look for Trados8.dtm in your TT/templates folder or do a search, depending on your OS, assuming that you have Vista or Windows 7:

Go to Users/UserName/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Word/Startup or Démarrage if you have a French system and copy Trados8.dotm into the folder

Good question indeed from Natalie, have you installed 2007?

Does the trick I can assure you.

Bernard

[Edited at 2012-02-06 20:50 GMT]

Ireland
Member (2013)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Finally! Feb 6, 2012

Many thanks for your help folks, I have finally managed to solve the problem!! I had installed 2007 separately, but the location of the start-up folder was hidden.

Thanks again to you both.

Julie

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Working with Trados Studio 2011 Freelance Plus + SDL Trados 2007 Suite Freelance on same computer

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search