Return package from Studio 2011 to 2009?
Thread poster: Niina Lahokoski

Niina Lahokoski  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 22:13
Member (2008)
English to Finnish
+ ...
Feb 7, 2012

Hello,

is it possible to create a SDL Studio 2009 compatible return package in Studio 2011 Freelance? I got a Studio 2009 project, and I accidentally opened and edited in 2011 (I have both installed). Now I need to send the return package to the client who has 2009. The "Create Studio 2009 Project Package" option is not available for me. Does the Studio 2011 return package work in 2009, or do I have to come up with a workaround to export and import the translation between versions? I searched the help files and Google but couldn't find a definite answer. Also I don't know which SP version of 2009 the client has.

[Edited at 2012-02-07 11:49 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:13
English
No problem... Feb 7, 2012

Hi Niina,

When you open a package in Studio 2011 the appropriate return package will be created. So in your case a 2009 return package will be created.

Regards

Paul

Niina Lahokoski  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 22:13
Member (2008)
English to Finnish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Great! Feb 7, 2012

Thank you, Paul!

Erudites  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:43
Danish to English
+ ...
Return Package Button is disabled Mar 29, 2012

Hello,

I sent my translator a project package created in Trados 2009. She has completed the translation in Trados Freelance 2011. But, now when she is trying to create a return package, she says that the button to do so is disabled. Its been around 20 days since she installed the Free trial, so shouldn't be a problem as the version should be fully functional for a 30 day period.

Does she need to upgrade to create a return package?

Thanks,
Adam

Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Estonia
Member (2012)
English to Russian
+ ...
Works for me Mar 29, 2012

I use Studio 2011 to work with an agency that uses Studio 2009. No compatibility problems so far, return package creation works too.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:13
English
The usual problem... Mar 29, 2012

Erudites wrote:

Hello,

I sent my translator a project package created in Trados 2009. She has completed the translation in Trados Freelance 2011. But, now when she is trying to create a return package, she says that the button to do so is disabled. Its been around 20 days since she installed the Free trial, so shouldn't be a problem as the version should be fully functional for a 30 day period.

Does she need to upgrade to create a return package?

Thanks,
Adam

... is simply not selecting the project before trying the create return package command. Worth checking anyway.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Return package from Studio 2011 to 2009?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search