Trados Studio 2009 error: Specified cast is not valid
Thread poster: samhar

samhar
Poland
Local time: 07:02
Feb 7, 2012

Dear translators using Trados Studio 2009 Freelance!

I'm new here but I'm hoping you can help me:)

This evening I tried to start my Trados and it wouldn't. The error note just said 'Specified cast is not valid' and then Trados would close and send error info to Microsoft (I'm using Windows XP). MultiTerm opens with no problem.

I restarted the computer, then reinstalled Trados, but with no effect.

I haven't changed anything in my computer recently, haven't installed anything, Trados was working fine all untill today.

If anyone out there knows how I could make Trados start, I'd be very grateful for any useful hints.

Best!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2009 error: Specified cast is not valid

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search