SDL MultiTerm 7 Problem
Thread poster: xxxhvadney

xxxhvadney
German to English
+ ...
Feb 13, 2012

Unable to Get SDL MultiTerm Help--Can You Help?
SDL cannot provide support so I hope someone in the community can provide some assistance.

My MultiTerm software has recently developed a problem.

When I attempt to add a new term I get an error message:

"Message from Webpage nul [OK]".

I hit OK and get a java.lang.NullPointerException.

My layout screen does not appear for me to fill in but a new tab appears at the bottom of the screen "New Entry 1..." ; my entry fields do not appear.

I have deinstalled MultiTerm 7.1.0.361 and reinstalled but I continue to get this error.

I contacted SDL for MultiTerm Support and received the following response:

Hello Harold,

Thank you for contacting SDL regarding your questions below.

SDL Trados 2006 is legacy version that is discontinued since January 2012. The 2006 version is therefore no longer supported by SDL.

It is also unfortunately impossible to upgrade from SDL Trados 2006.

I will however direct you to the best offer for the purchase of a new license. Are you a member of any translators association?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Guillaume

Typical SDL: Extremely long response times, no real help, and you get a sales pitch instead of support. Why do we still use their product, I wonder?

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:06
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Potential Java error Feb 13, 2012

Has been reported here many times.
Check this forum please for null pointer and search for the error message on kb.sdl.com
You are indeed referring to a software which is outdated - I did have it long time ago and knew the solution to your problem, but unfortunately it disappeared from my mind.
Please check in your Java settings, if the next generation plug-in is enabled. If yes, deselect it. If no, enable it. Apply this setting and check.
Please also check, which Internet Explorer are you using.

Your comments on SDL Support are however not necessary, as this is what happens in software world. The support for a discontinued product will be also discontinued at some time. I do not really see anything bad about it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL MultiTerm 7 Problem

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search