Thread poster: Radim Rozumek

Radim Rozumek  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 17:27
Member (2011)
English to Czech
Feb 13, 2012

Hello all,

I have some difficulties with Trados Studio 2009.

I work on two computers.
One basic office computer - Win XP, internal graphic, slow processor - and Trados works perfectly...
Then powerfull gaming notebook - Win 7, three core processor, 1GB graphic - an Trados is really slow!! opening, saving files, and the worst confirming segment translations - I am talking about 5 to 10 seconds!!?! Often, it sais (Not responding) for several seconds.

I tried clean Win installation without any software, too...

Could you advise me please?

Thank you very much.

Radim

[Edited at 2012-02-14 11:57 GMT]

Marc Sejourné  Identity Verified
Cambodia
Local time: 23:27
English to French
Same problem here Jul 25, 2012

too bad there is no reply

Radim Rozumek  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 17:27
Member (2011)
English to Czech
TOPIC STARTER
Now it works Jul 25, 2012

Dear Marc,

I don't know how - but it works now...

I wanted to buy TS 2011 and tried the trial. I realized that 2011 behaved the same wayicon_frown.gif.

After uninstallation and after some time (and maybe something else) it started working properly.

I don't know what was the initiator exactly but I suggest to try installing TS 2011 (and uninstalling if you want).

You will see. There might be anything missing or... I don't know.

Regards,
Radim

Marc Sejourné  Identity Verified
Cambodia
Local time: 23:27
English to French
Same problem on 2 different PCs Jul 25, 2012

Dear Radim,

Thank you for your reply - and yes, I agree that when a program definitely does not work, the best way is to uninstall/reinstall.

(I tried to buy the upgrade for Studio 2011 but they tell me that I do not have a valid license - when I actually do. I contacted twice their customer service, and I am still waiting for their reply. )

Also I tried on a 2nd backup computer (with Windows XP), and the problem is the same: the editor is so slow. It takes 4 to 5 seconds to move from one segment to the next. So I am not sure that uninstalling/reinstalling will fix the issue.

My usual laptop has an Intel Core2 Extreme CPU X9100 @ 3.06GHz, with 8GB of RAM ("Windows Experience Index" : 5.2). It runs fast with any other application.

The Trados version is SDL Trados Studio SP3 - 9.1.2307.8.

I am translating a Word document of 2,880 words, with a TM of 8MB - nothing unusual. The deadline is tight and this performance issue is deadly!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Very slow Trados Studio 2009

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search