Thread poster: Radim Rozumek

Radim Rozumek  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 03:34
Member (2011)
English to Czech
Feb 13, 2012

Hello all,

I have some difficulties with Trados Studio 2009.

I work on two computers.
One basic office computer - Win XP, internal graphic, slow processor - and Trados works perfectly...
Then powerfull gaming notebook - Win 7, three core processor, 1GB graphic - an Trados is really slow!! opening, saving files, and the worst confirming segment translations - I am talking about 5 to 10 seconds!!?! Often, it sais (Not responding) for several seconds.

I tried clean Win installation without any software, too...

Could you advise me please?

Thank you very much.

Radim

[Edited at 2012-02-14 11:57 GMT]

Marc Sejourné  Identity Verified
Cambodia
Local time: 08:34
Member (2008)
English to French
Same problem here Jul 25, 2012

too bad there is no reply

Radim Rozumek  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 03:34
Member (2011)
English to Czech
TOPIC STARTER
Now it works Jul 25, 2012

Dear Marc,

I don't know how - but it works now...

I wanted to buy TS 2011 and tried the trial. I realized that 2011 behaved the same wayicon_frown.gif.

After uninstallation and after some time (and maybe something else) it started working properly.

I don't know what was the initiator exactly but I suggest to try installing TS 2011 (and uninstalling if you want).

You will see. There might be anything missing or... I don't know.

Regards,
Radim

Marc Sejourné  Identity Verified
Cambodia
Local time: 08:34
Member (2008)
English to French
Same problem on 2 different PCs Jul 25, 2012

Dear Radim,

Thank you for your reply - and yes, I agree that when a program definitely does not work, the best way is to uninstall/reinstall.

(I tried to buy the upgrade for Studio 2011 but they tell me that I do not have a valid license - when I actually do. I contacted twice their customer service, and I am still waiting for their reply. )

Also I tried on a 2nd backup computer (with Windows XP), and the problem is the same: the editor is so slow. It takes 4 to 5 seconds to move from one segment to the next. So I am not sure that uninstalling/reinstalling will fix the issue.

My usual laptop has an Intel Core2 Extreme CPU X9100 @ 3.06GHz, with 8GB of RAM ("Windows Experience Index" : 5.2). It runs fast with any other application.

The Trados version is SDL Trados Studio SP3 - 9.1.2307.8.

I am translating a Word document of 2,880 words, with a TM of 8MB - nothing unusual. The deadline is tight and this performance issue is deadly!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Very slow Trados Studio 2009

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search