Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:39
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Feb 14, 2012

Dear colleagues,

I´m trying to find a way to add a term from the editor view into Multiterm just by shortcuts (no mouse).
Selecting so far is fine, preparing for saving into MT as well (own shortcut), but then I have to use the mouse again to get into the MT view before I there can save the term pair (F12), and more worst, I have to use the mouse again to get back into the editor view! How can I shorten the overall procedure?

Thanks, best regards,

Matthias

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Not yet available Feb 14, 2012

Unfortunately there is no shortcut for this.
However I dearly hope this and many other shortcuts for moving the cursor around the place, what must be done with the mouse now, are in the pipeline.

Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Again Jerzy... Feb 14, 2012

...who brings it to the point (thanks a lot!) and who would have saved me hours of researching (and even of purchasing Studio...) if only I posed this question earlier...
By the way: no problem at all in Déjà Vu icon_wink.gif

Best regards,

Matthias

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Nevertheless... Feb 14, 2012

Matthias Brombach wrote:

...who brings it to the point (thanks a lot!) and who would have saved me hours of researching (and even of purchasing Studio...) if only I posed this question earlier...
By the way: no problem at all in Déjà Vu icon_wink.gif

Best regards,

Matthias

This is indeed one of the really weakest sides in Studio. But it also has (quite many) strong sides.
I cannot compare with DVX, but with other tools and from this Studio remains my first choice.

Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Me either... Feb 14, 2012

...to be honest, I still can´t come to a final conclusion which of the both CAT tools is more efficient, I just allowed myself to purchase both thanks to proz TGB. One of the weakest points of DVX is that you can´t include single placeables (numerals) as with the SDL products...oh what a mess!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009: Shortcut to get back into Editor after adding term

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search