Is there a way to add multiple variables (lang. res.) to a TM
Thread poster: Claudia Alvis

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 15:02
Spanish
+ ...
Feb 14, 2012

I don't see the option to add multiple variables to an existing TM but I wonder if there's a another way to do it. I tried to open the TM file with a text editor but the TM was opened in HEX editor mode, so I can't modify it.

I'm working on a large project about a series of similar products, so I'd like to enter the variables as I run across them on the project. Is there a workaround?

By the way, probably it's already been suggested but having a way to add variables on the fly and would be a great addition. Same with importing/exporting variables.

Edit:

This is related but it's not the same. I like working with project TMs, so if I add a variable, will it be added to the main TM when the project is finalized?

[Edited at 2012-02-14 18:30 GMT]

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:02
English to French
+ ...
Variables Feb 14, 2012

Hi Claudia,

In the TM view, right-click on the TM you want add variables to - sorry missed Settings - Language Resources - Variable List - Edit and add your variables

HTH,

Bernard

[Edited at 2012-02-14 19:26 GMT]

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 15:02
Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Batch editing Feb 14, 2012

Thank you Bernard. But I actually meant a way to add multiple variables at once. I've been adding each variable to each TM but it's very time-consuming.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there a way to add multiple variables (lang. res.) to a TM

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search