Optimum TM size?
Thread poster: Phil Hand

Phil Hand  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 03:39
Chinese to English
Feb 15, 2012

I've just run into a problem for the first time, and I wonder if anyone had any relevant experience.

I keep separate TMs for different clients, and my biggest TM is just starting to offer me more options than I want for. I've translated a lot of similar documents for them (a lot of contracts with similar boilerplate and wording), and formatting transfer is never great with Chinese/English, so sometimes Studio has recognised the clause numbers as numbers, and cut them out, sometimes they are left in. The result is that now when I come to a segment, Studio either (1) thinks it's 100% when it's not (generally because it thinks it knows how to autocorrect the numbering for me, but gets it wrong); or (2) is starting to offer me 9 or 10 different options, which are a hassle to check through.

These aren't enormous problems. It just means I have to be sharp-eyed to catch any errors. It's just a minor irritant when I'm trying to process large documents very fast, and I wondered if anyone had encountered similar issues, had any tips or ideas about optimum TM size to stop this happening?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Optimum TM size?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search