Trados Studio 2011: "Analyse" kills all "Repeats"?!
Thread poster: Christopher Koebel

Christopher Koebel
Germany
Local time: 09:27
French to German
+ ...
Feb 15, 2012

Hello everyone,

I just experienced a weird behavior when I finished my current project:

Upon completion, I saved some numbers on matches and then did a new "Analyse" - and from two documents that Trados previously recognized as being identical to 88% (shown as 88% "Repeats"), all the repeated segments were "Context matches" after the new analysis, with only some 3% 100%-matches remaining.

Trados saw it, I still see it - but Trados somehow doesn't see it anymore! How comes? Has anyone an idea with respect to this?

Kind regards

Christopher

Christopher Koebel
Germany
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Further Information Feb 20, 2012

As in the thread title: Trados Studio 2011 Freelance Edition, patched, on Windows 7 and up-to-date Java 6.

I wanted to add that I have not changed the Analyze parameters for the second pass, just in case this wasn't obvious.

Source texts were MS Word 2010 docx, which were correctly converted to and fro. The target docx looks as it should, it's just the analysis inside Trados which shows different values and omits the repetitions now.

Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
. Feb 20, 2012

If I understood you correctly, you analysed your project before and after translation. Repetitions are new segments that are not included in the TM and are repeated. After you have completed the translation, the segments are included in the TM and no longer new, so they no longer count as repetitions.

[Edited at 2012-02-20 19:23 GMT]

Christopher Koebel
Germany
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
. Feb 20, 2012

Yes, that's right. Nevertheless, I would have expected that all the repetitions get converted to 100% matches, because (obviously) they are all translated by the same target sentence.
I wonder why they became "sorted in" as lower percentage matches...

Edit: After reading further documentation, I smacked my forehead. The identical segments with identical preceding segments get classified as context matches, of course!
Sometimes, you don't see the obvious because you're too close in front of the monitor. Consider the question resolved, and thanks again!

[Bearbeitet am 2012-02-21 15:31 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2011: "Analyse" kills all "Repeats"?!

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search