Thread poster: Paula Mahler

Paula Mahler
Argentina
Local time: 05:39
French to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 15, 2012

Hello,
I think this question has been posed, but I can not find the answers. I use TRADOS 2009 and I have a hudge TM with the combination English (USA), Spanish (Arg). But now I am getting translation packages combining English (USA), Spanish (Spain) and I would like to add my own TM to those the client sends.
I thought the simplest solution was to create a new memory, as a combination of USA> Spain and import my TM. But Trados does not support this operation.
Any ideas about what I can do?
Thanks a lot,
Paula

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:39
English to French
+ ...
Export Feb 15, 2012

Hi Paula,

I think the easiest solution would be to export your TM as tmx, open it with Wordpad and do a global replacement, SP_Arg or whatever the acronym is, not my language combination, and replace it with SP_SP (same as for Arg), then create an empty TM with the right language combination and import the modified tmx.

I've done it with FR-fr and FR-frca and works perfectly.

HTH,

Bernard

[Edited at 2012-02-15 20:40 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-02-15 21:11 GMT]

Paula Mahler
Argentina
Local time: 05:39
French to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It was a good answer Feb 20, 2012

Thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation memory and language variation

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search