Thread poster: Sigrid Andersen

Sigrid Andersen  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:41
Member (2011)
Danish to German
+ ...
Feb 15, 2012

Hey everyone,

i am working on a big project at the moment, and having troubles ith one of the files in Studio 2011. It is almost 10.000 lines, and I now have translated it, BUT.. i can not finish by accepting all segments because

1. it takes ages
2. I now get a memory full error

Now my questions:

1. can I finish the project and export the text without accepting all segments (or will those be missing in the final text?) Sorry if this is a newbie question, i just never had such a big file to deal with until now..

and 2. Will the TM be fully updated without accepting all segments?

I´d appreciate any suggestions and answers, thanks a lot in advance!

Richard Hill  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 23:41
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
1. Yes - 2. Try this: Feb 15, 2012

1. I didn't know the answers to your questions but I am working on a project right now in Studio 2011 and I just clicked my shortcut for "save target as" without manually confirming the segment I'm working on and sure enough it appears in the saved Word file.

2. Have you tried: file - save all - project - batch tasks - finalize? or instead of finalize, perhaps update main translation memories?

Then to see if it worked, copy one of the source segments you did not manually confirm in a Word document, and open it up in Studio to see if it throws up a match.

Sigrid Andersen  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:41
Member (2011)
Danish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Feb 16, 2012

Thank you rich,

I have now managed to get a bit of memory back and could export the target file, seems everything is there, but will check again when i have it finished totally by reloading it as source and check the linecount, that should be a safe way to say that it´s all there.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Project too big - memory full error

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search