Thread poster: Sigrid Andersen

Sigrid Andersen  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:18
Member (2011)
Danish to German
+ ...
Feb 15, 2012

Hey everyone,

i am working on a big project at the moment, and having troubles ith one of the files in Studio 2011. It is almost 10.000 lines, and I now have translated it, BUT.. i can not finish by accepting all segments because

1. it takes ages
2. I now get a memory full error

Now my questions:

1. can I finish the project and export the text without accepting all segments (or will those be missing in the final text?) Sorry if this is a newbie question, i just never had such a big file to deal with until now..

and 2. Will the TM be fully updated without accepting all segments?

I´d appreciate any suggestions and answers, thanks a lot in advance!

Richard Hill  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 14:18
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
1. Yes - 2. Try this: Feb 15, 2012

1. I didn't know the answers to your questions but I am working on a project right now in Studio 2011 and I just clicked my shortcut for "save target as" without manually confirming the segment I'm working on and sure enough it appears in the saved Word file.

2. Have you tried: file - save all - project - batch tasks - finalize? or instead of finalize, perhaps update main translation memories?

Then to see if it worked, copy one of the source segments you did not manually confirm in a Word document, and open it up in Studio to see if it throws up a match.

Sigrid Andersen  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:18
Member (2011)
Danish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Feb 16, 2012

Thank you rich,

I have now managed to get a bit of memory back and could export the target file, seems everything is there, but will check again when i have it finished totally by reloading it as source and check the linecount, that should be a safe way to say that it´s all there.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Project too big - memory full error

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search