Bruno Depascale  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 21:55
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
Feb 16, 2012

Hi everybody,
I am experiencing a little problem with Trados system shortcuts.

If I press the keys "alt+e", Trados opens the menu bar "edit" (on the upper part of the screen).
If I press the keys "alt+t", Trados opens the menu bar "translation" (on the upper part of the screen) and so on.

Now, I am a mac user and need to use the shortcut for writing the "È" character (in uppercase), using the shortcut "alt+shift+e". The problem is that this shortcut is already associated to Trados system shortcut that opens the "edit" menu.

Is there a way to deactivate Trados system shortcuts?
Thank you very much for your help,
Bruno

Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
Reassign the shortcuts Feb 16, 2012

Hi Bruno,

You don't say what version of Trados you are using but you should certainly be able to change the default keyboard shortcuts.

Try consulting the help file in your version of Trados. Post again if there is anything you still can't sort out.

Buon lavoro,

Giles

Denise Phelps  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
+ ...
In Studio 2011 Feb 16, 2012

you go to Tools -> Options -> Keyboard shortcuts, and just change (or add) what works for you.

Bruno Depascale  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Software specific shortcuts Feb 17, 2012

Dear Giles and Denise,
thank you for your answers. I have Trados 2011 and use it since 2 years now.
I know well that shortcuts can be changed going to the menu "tools-options-keyboard shortcuts".
The problem is that the shortcuts I have mentioned are not present under the menu "tools-options-keyboard shortcuts".
I think they are "built-in" shortcuts, that is, software-specific shortcuts that do not depend on windows configuration.
I hope I have explained myself better and hope someone from the Trados support will answer me.
Thank you,
Bruno

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to deactivate Trados system shortcuts

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search