Chris Dravers  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:54
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 17, 2012

Hi

I have just finished translating a job and saved the target, opened it and discovered that the contents hadn't been translated, hadn't been imported into the trados file. Can anyone plase tell me how to import the index as well? Is it something to do with the field codes?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Derrio  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOC? Feb 17, 2012

Hi Chris,
I assume the target text is a Word document. Where the index should be, do you have the abbreviation TOC, if so right click on this and select the option to change the settings (I can't remember the exact option as my version of Word is in Spanish).

Hope this helps.

Eileen Cartoon  Identity Verified
Italian to English
There should be TOC Feb 17, 2012

At teh point where the contents should have been you should see TOC or whatever the equivalent is in your version.

Here you have to enter the Table of Contents and it will apply the texts of the various sections that were indicated with bookmarks as part of the Table of Contents.

I'm using Word 2007 and all you have to do is go into References > Summary (or whatever your langage version says) > add summary, select the format and press OK

Chris Dravers  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Do I do this in the word document Feb 20, 2012

Derrio wrote:

Hi Chris,
I assume the target text is a Word document. Where the index should be, do you have the abbreviation TOC, if so right click on this and select the option to change the settings (I can't remember the exact option as my version of Word is in Spanish).

Hope this helps.

Hi Derrio. Do you mean I should do this is the word document or the trados document? I don't remember seeing TOC in the word document, I just saw the contents still in the source language. Thanks for your help. C

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados studio didn't translate the index

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search