Maria Eugenia Roca Rodriguez  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 04:27
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 19, 2012

Hi,

I purchased SDL Trados 2007 and Studio 2009 Freelance Plus a few months ago. I installed both Trados versions in my desktop PC and in my notebook PC. Then I got a free upgrade to Studio 2011 as a promotion. I upgraded to Studio 2011 in my notebook PC so now I have Trados 2007, Studio 2009 and Studio 2011 in it. My desktop PC had to be reinstalled. Now I'm trying to install Studio 2009 and the activation code doesn't work. I get the following message: Only deployed entitlement line item can be fulfilled. # 2767-26844 (Error code 50040). I go to the My downloads section in SDL website and I only have the Trados 2007 and the Studio 2011 activation codes. Where is my activation code for Studio 2009?

If a client asks me to do a translation project in Studio 2009, can I work in Studio 2011 without causing any trouble to him?

Thanks for your help.
Best

Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
Argentina
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
You've lost Studio 2009 Feb 19, 2012

Read the agreement carefully. The upgrade does not entitle you to keep Studio 2009.
The same thing happened to me.icon_frown.gif

Regards

Clarisa

Argentina
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I thought so... Feb 19, 2012

Hi Clarisa,

Thanks for replying. I thought that was the problem. But do you know if I can have compatibility issues? What happens if a client requests Studio 2009?

Best
Eugenia

Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
Argentina
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
None! Feb 19, 2012

I've been assured by SDL Trados support team that there is no compatibility issue... I have not installed Studio 2011 yet, and I'm still using 2009 until my PC crashes... as my license is lost.

Regards

Clarisa

Argentina
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Great! Feb 19, 2012

I hope they are right!

Thanks for your help, Clarisa.
Best
Eugenia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

License - Studio 2009 & Studio 2011

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search