Vincent Lemma  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 00:51
Member (2008)
Italian to English
+ ...
Feb 20, 2012

Hi all,

I am guessing that something similar has already been tackeled here, so please excuse me for any repetition.

Problem: I import a translation memory from Trados 2007 to Studio 2009, yet I seem to be missing many translation units.

I was givwn a .tmx by the client, so I:

1) create a new TM in workbench and import the .tmx
2) I then open Studio 2009 and import the newly created trados 2007 memory into 2009

The TM is large, about 12,500 units. Studio 2009 says that it was fully imported, yet when I open the TM editor in 2009 I see only about 50 units!

Am I missing something?
How can I get a unit count on my TM?

All help appreciated as upgrading is giving problems here. I have done this before but with smaller TMs.
Thanks!

Vincent

Atso Puronen
Local time: 01:51
English to Finnish
TM settings Feb 20, 2012

Right-click on your TM in Studio and select Settings...
There you'll find your unit count.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Just press the button to see the next screen of 50 units Feb 20, 2012

Or change the display setting for Translation Memories to show 200 units at the time and use the buttons to move forward in the views.
To check the number of segments, right click the name of the TM on the Navigation pane and select "Settings".

Vincent Lemma  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2008)
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jerzy !! Feb 20, 2012

Thanks a bunch!
It was that easy, just me being a bit suspicious of Trados and of myself. Better to be sure before starting a huge translation project.

Many thanksicon_smile.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with importing TM from Trados 2007 to 2009 - missing units

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search