importing Serbian/Croation in multiterm 2011
Thread poster: Sara Van Espen
Feb 22, 2012

Hello

I have been trying to import an excel-file with 28 languages into multiterm 2011, but for some reason Serbian and Croatian are both listed as Croatian in the language list. I also can't import the languages separately, because then the same issue arises.
Does anybody have an idea why this happens?

thanks,
Sara

lucia001
Czech Republic
the same Dec 10, 2013

Hello,

I am having the same issue while importing terms.

Does anyone knows why this happens?

Thanks,
Lucia

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:35
English
Not sure why... Dec 10, 2013

... you have this problem. Multiterm doesn't use the same principle as Studio for language support but does support these languages:

Croatian
- Croatian (Bosnia and Herzegovina)

Serbian (Cyrillic)
- Serbian (Cyrillic, Bosnia and Herzegovina)

Serbian (Latin)
- Serbian (Latin, Bosnia and Herzegovina)

Perhaps you can share the files for the things you are trying to do... or replicate the problem with a small test set that you can share?

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

Sara Van Espen
TOPIC STARTER
It worked after several times Dec 11, 2013

Hi Lucia,

I finally managed to get it working after trying again and again. It's been a while since then so I can't really recall what I did.

Sara

lucia001
Czech Republic
testing Dec 11, 2013

Hello Paul,

thank you very much for your prompt reply.
I have replicated the problem with a test file and I will share it with you. I am sending it ti pfilkin@sdl.com, is that ok?

My excel file has 25 languages and one descriptive field. I am sending you the excel file, the definition file created from MultiTerm converter and also the new termbase.
Still the same issue Serbian and Croatian are listed both as Croatian.

Lucia

lucia001
Czech Republic
the same Dec 11, 2013

Hi Sara,

thanks for your feedback.

I have been trying since 2 weeks now and the results are the same. It happens also the there was no Serbian at all after the import.

I happy to hear that it worked for you, it means that there is a solution.

Lucia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

importing Serbian/Croation in multiterm 2011

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search