Thread poster: Jacques DP

Jacques DP  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 02:25
Member (2003)
English to French
Feb 22, 2012

Hello,

I have translated a file in Studio 2009, and when finalizing the project, target production fails with the following message:

The 'TC' start tag on line 1 does not match the end tag of 'PUR'. Line 7, position 693.

What is that supposed to mean? Segment 7 has no tag. I tried to open the SDLXLIFF file with a text editor; there line 7 contains base64-encoded data with about 80 positions (less than 693).

"Save target as" from the Editor produces the same error.

Any idea? This is relatively urgent as I would like to deliver this now.

Thank you.

PS: My exact version is: SDL Trados Studio 2009 Freelance SP3 9.1.2307.8 (it would be nice if the version number could be copy-pasted from the Help>About dialog).
Note that the software was updated today just before I started this new project. (I should probably have declined this.)

[Edited at 2012-02-22 16:42 GMT]

Richard Hill  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 19:25
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
System restore? Feb 22, 2012

If you feel that today's update is the culprit maybe you could do a system restore to yesterday, although you might want to wait and see if experienced users come up with a more specific solution first.

Angela Dickson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:25
French to English
+ ...
version problems? Feb 22, 2012

Jacques DP wrote:
I have translated a file in Studio 2009, and when finalizing the project, target production fails with the following message:

The 'TC' start tag on line 1 does not match the end tag of 'PUR'. Line 7, position 693.

I had a similar problem, and it was connected with the client's version of the software - the client sent me a SDLXLIFF file created in Studio 2011, and I was using 2009. The client was able to use the file without problems, even though I had been unable to save a target file.

Perhaps this is useful in your case?

Jacques DP  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 02:25
Member (2003)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks -- I used a workaround Feb 22, 2012

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

What I did was to open the DOCX in Word, save it as DOC, create a new project with the DOC file, retranslate it (it was quite awful as I had to modify a lot of "field" tags), and then it cleaned.

Thanks again and have a nice day Rich and a nice evening Angela.

[Edited at 2012-02-22 17:19 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error when cleaning DOCX file in Studio 2009

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search