Thread poster: Jacques DP

Jacques DP  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 22:57
Member (2003)
English to French
Feb 22, 2012

Hello,

I have translated a file in Studio 2009, and when finalizing the project, target production fails with the following message:

The 'TC' start tag on line 1 does not match the end tag of 'PUR'. Line 7, position 693.

What is that supposed to mean? Segment 7 has no tag. I tried to open the SDLXLIFF file with a text editor; there line 7 contains base64-encoded data with about 80 positions (less than 693).

"Save target as" from the Editor produces the same error.

Any idea? This is relatively urgent as I would like to deliver this now.

Thank you.

PS: My exact version is: SDL Trados Studio 2009 Freelance SP3 9.1.2307.8 (it would be nice if the version number could be copy-pasted from the Help>About dialog).
Note that the software was updated today just before I started this new project. (I should probably have declined this.)

[Edited at 2012-02-22 16:42 GMT]

Richard Hill  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 15:57
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
System restore? Feb 22, 2012

If you feel that today's update is the culprit maybe you could do a system restore to yesterday, although you might want to wait and see if experienced users come up with a more specific solution first.

Angela Dickson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:57
French to English
+ ...
version problems? Feb 22, 2012

Jacques DP wrote:
I have translated a file in Studio 2009, and when finalizing the project, target production fails with the following message:

The 'TC' start tag on line 1 does not match the end tag of 'PUR'. Line 7, position 693.

I had a similar problem, and it was connected with the client's version of the software - the client sent me a SDLXLIFF file created in Studio 2011, and I was using 2009. The client was able to use the file without problems, even though I had been unable to save a target file.

Perhaps this is useful in your case?

Jacques DP  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 22:57
Member (2003)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks -- I used a workaround Feb 22, 2012

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

What I did was to open the DOCX in Word, save it as DOC, create a new project with the DOC file, retranslate it (it was quite awful as I had to modify a lot of "field" tags), and then it cleaned.

Thanks again and have a nice day Rich and a nice evening Angela.

[Edited at 2012-02-22 17:19 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error when cleaning DOCX file in Studio 2009

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search