Thread poster: Jenni Sheppard

Jenni Sheppard  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 12:56
French to English
+ ...
Feb 23, 2012

Hi all,

I just got Trados Studio 2011, which I have installed on my Mac via VMWare Fusion, Windows 7 and Office for Windows. I have downloaded and installed it and selected my language pairs.

But when I try to open a Project Package from a client, it refuses to open and Trados gives an error saying:

"file can't be opened because it contains languages that are not configured for this installation."

To be clear:
- the Project Package should be Spanish->English and I have Spanish->English selected as a language pair.
- I have installed all updates to Fusion, Windows and Trados available.
- I have uninstalled and reinstalled Trados.

None of these things are working and I desperately need to use Trados to work with this project Package.

Can anyone offer any help?

Thanks!

Jenni Sheppard  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 12:56
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The error was the agency's Feb 28, 2012

In case anyone has the same problem, please be aware, I discovered the problem was with the agency who sent me the Project Package - they sent it configured in the wrong language. I guess the lesson is to always check immediately with whoever sent you the file...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2011 on Mac via VMWare Fusion - language configuration error

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search