https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/219139-trados_studio_2009_crashed.html

Trados Studio 2009 crashed
Thread poster: Mari-salva
Mari-salva
Mari-salva
Spanish to French
+ ...
Feb 25, 2012

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I have had a very unfortunate experience using the above mentionned program. Yesterday, I did 100 % of my translation, carefully saved it and in the end, saved it on a word document format.

I closed Trados and tried to open my word, but it was corrupted. I tried to reopen Trados and since then it just doesn't want to open anymore.

I have my settings in Spanish, the error message says :

"Error inesperado al cargar los co
... See more
Hi everyone,

Yesterday I have had a very unfortunate experience using the above mentionned program. Yesterday, I did 100 % of my translation, carefully saved it and in the end, saved it on a word document format.

I closed Trados and tried to open my word, but it was corrupted. I tried to reopen Trados and since then it just doesn't want to open anymore.

I have my settings in Spanish, the error message says :

"Error inesperado al cargar los complementos de la aplicación
Valor hexadecimal 0x00 es un caracter no valido. Linea 1 Posicion 1."

And some other things I am not sure it is worth copying. I will try to find solutions to have trados back but it caused me lots of problems, I had to ask help from another translator to process my translation with my tm as I was not able to access anything.

Terrible way of learning things, but still a way, so if anyone has any suggestion it will be very welcomed.

Best,
Maria
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:45
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Delete the settings files Feb 25, 2012

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\9.1.0.0\BaseSettings.xml
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\9.1.0.0\UserSettings.xml
and try again.

Laura Gómez
Laura Gómez
Spain
Local time: 20:45
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
I cannot finde the files to be deleted Mar 2, 2017

Hi guys!

I am having the same problem but I cannot find the files to delete

Anyone can help???

Thanks in advance!!

aruban
aruban
Taiwan
or try... Mar 2, 2017

for trados 2014:

C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\11.0.0.0\UserSettings.xml

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2009 crashed

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »