https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/219302-error_when_trying_to_open_an_excel_to_translate_in_trados_2009.html

Error when trying to open an excel to translate in trados 2009
Thread poster: Chris Dravers
Chris Dravers
Chris Dravers  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:01
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 27, 2012

I get the error message "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation" when trying to open an excel document in trados studio 2009. Can anyone tell me why and what I should do about it. Thanks in advance. Chris

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Excel Version? Feb 28, 2012

Hi Chris,

What version was your file create with? How complex is your Excel file? I would try and save it as .xlsm and import it again.

HTH,

Bernard

FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Bug Feb 28, 2012

This might be the same unresolved bug that I ran into:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/217913-studio_fails_to_convert_xls_to_translatable_format.html

What version of Office do you have?

Chris Dravers
Chris Dravers  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I've got Office 2007 Feb 28, 2012

Thanks for your help guys, think I'm going to have to uninstall and reinstall or something like that. I've been so many errors there must be some general problem. Best

Chris

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error when trying to open an excel to translate in trados 2009

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »