Error message regarding file types
Thread poster: carl01

carl01
German to English
Feb 28, 2012

Hello,

A client recently asked me to add fire.sys file types for Word documents. To do this I followed the SDL document "Translating FIRE.sys Documents in SDL Trados Studio 2009" to the letter.

As soon as I'd done this, I started getting this error message every time I try to open a new document:

More than one file type with ID Word 2007 v 1.0.0.0 exists. You must remove the additional file types before processing files.

I tried arranging the file types in the order shown, but that didn't help. I deleted the file.sys file types but that doesn't help either. I even uninstalled 2009 completely and downloaded it again, but still I'm getting this error message. There is definitely only ONE file type for Word 2007 in the list!

Can anyone explain how to fix this?

Many thanks
Carl

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message regarding file types

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search