Ini for Mediawiki xml export
Thread poster: Multiplier (X)
Multiplier (X)
Multiplier (X)
Feb 29, 2012

Does anyone have an ini file for Trados 2007 that handles mediawiki xml dumps?

Thank you in advance!

Atso Puronen
Atso Puronen
Local time: 11:28
English to Finnish
You can create one yourself Mar 1, 2012

Hi,

I don't have an INI file for you but I can give you instructions on how to create it yourself. It's quite easy.

1. Start creating a new filter. When you are asked to import settings from an INI, XML, XSD etc, select this option.
2. Then select the Mediawiki XML export dump file. Trados will read it's contents for any tags and adds them to the Elements list. It also recognises the root element for your XML type.
3. Now, open the Mediawiki XML dump in a te
... See more
Hi,

I don't have an INI file for you but I can give you instructions on how to create it yourself. It's quite easy.

1. Start creating a new filter. When you are asked to import settings from an INI, XML, XSD etc, select this option.
2. Then select the Mediawiki XML export dump file. Trados will read it's contents for any tags and adds them to the Elements list. It also recognises the root element for your XML type.
3. Now, open the Mediawiki XML dump in a text editor and observe the places where text should be translated.
4. Edit the Elements list so that appropriate tags are set as "Translatable" or "Always translatable". Set tags that shouldn't be translated as "Not translatable".

Now try out your INI file and see if all the correct text is exposed for translation. If not, go back to Elements list and make necessary edits.
Collapse

Multiplier (X)
Multiplier (X)
TOPIC STARTER
yes Mar 1, 2012

Thank you very much, Atso Puronen!

To tell the truth, I knew how to create an ini for an xml file and I already did it for some xml formats. I just hoped that someone has already done this specifc one. I have to admit that I wanted to save the effort and the time that is needed for ini creation.

Anyway, if noone has got one then I will have to do it myself.

Thanks again!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Ini for Mediawiki xml export

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »