International Translation Day 2018

Join ProZ.com/TV for a FREE event September 25-26th celebrating International Translation Day! 50+ hours of content, Chat, Live Q&A & more. Join 1,000's of linguists from around the globe as ProZ.com/TV celebrates International Translation Day.

Click for Full Participation

Workbench-segmented DOC/DOCX causing problems in Studio 2011
Thread poster: Evangelion

Evangelion  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 20:54
Polish to English
+ ...
Feb 29, 2012

I received from my client 3 docX files for translation, which are to be delivered as clean, unclean and TMX export. After some hassle I was able to work through 2 of the files, which after pre-segmentation with Workbench ended up as bilingual docX files in a Studio 2011 SP1 project.

The last files is however problematic. When I try to add it to the project, when copying to target lanaguages I get an error saying Value cannot be zero. Parameter name: key (in my version: Wartość nie może być zerowa. Nazwa parametru: key). And that's all folks.

MemoQ seems to bite the file allright, though I cannot export to XLIFF as the resulting XLIFF is over 120 MB in size.

The initial docX is 10MB with lots and lots of images, with approx 100 pages of text. I tried cutting it up into smaller fragments, but to no avail - still the same problem.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Workbench-segmented DOC/DOCX causing problems in Studio 2011

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search