Thread poster: Lorraine Bathurst

Lorraine Bathurst
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:56
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 2, 2012

I know similar questions have been raised - but I can't find the answers to my question.
(Perhaps I need to hire an IT department!).

I have been given a ttx file to proof, I can open and edit but can't save it as anything other than an sdl xliff file. I'm sure I've done this before without problem - but since trying to work in Trados 2007 (which I know nothing about) both Microsoft Word docs, and Studio 2009 appear to have issues.
The client only has studio 2007 - so how can I resolve the above so they can read my changes?

Thanks so much.

Direct link Reply with quote

Oscar Martin
Spain
Local time: 22:56
English to Spanish
+ ...
bilingual file won't save Mar 2, 2012

Hi Lorraine,

Have a look at the file properties. Select the file, right click on the file and select Properties. Check whether the Read-only check box is enabled. If so, disable it and press Ok. You should be able to edit and save the ttx file.

Regards,

Oscar

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

bilingual file won't save

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search