2011 not working
Thread poster: Hugh Matthews

Hugh Matthews  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 12:11
Danish to English
+ ...
Mar 3, 2012

Please excuse my approach, but I need answers to very simple questions.

I have just opened a file I was working on in 2009 Studio when it stopped functioning. I couldn't get help because I hadn't paid for the latest product. So, I bought 2011 and installed/activated it.

I even watched it creating new translation memory but it doesn't load or open it and let me get on the my work.

Pressing "Alt +" to save a segment and move on doesn't work. I do not like applications that PLING at me when I press a logical key combination.

I have tried making a 2007 Freelance TM (for subseuquent export to TMX-file and import to 2011) using 2007 Win-Align, but like the Analyze function in Workbench this refuses to do its job.

Everything I am trying to do is logical, so the only conclusion can be is that 2011 is not.

SDL basically admits 2009 was a mess, so why bother launching 2011 if it's not perfect???

I have a lot of work to do, and I have no time to mess about with training files.

Can anybody help?

Direct link Reply with quote

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Please observe netiquette rules.

FSCDC  Identity Verified
English to Dutch
+ ...
2011 Mar 3, 2012

Dear,

I had some trouble launching it the first time as well. But I deleted it and re-installed it on my computer and everything works fine now.

Otherwise, must admit you seem to have tried a number of things already so I hope your problems will soon be over

Vladimir Vasek  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 12:11
English to Czech
You opened my eyes Mar 3, 2012

Hi Hugh,
SDL company and its distributors offer a variety of courses, webinars, trainings and so on. I never understood why and for whom. Now I understand.
I strongly recommend that you took some of them.

If anything, it could help you to ask questions that can be answered. Until then, sorry, you can't ask details without knowing the basics.

Vladimir

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

2011 not working

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search