Trados8.dot opens together with docx files
Thread poster: Carmen Álvarez

Carmen Álvarez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 19:55
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 3, 2012

Hello, I have Office 2007 and Translator's Workbench 8.2.0.835 running on Windows 7.

They were working fine together (except for the infamous "Trados changing fonts" problem) and suddenly something must have changed, because everytime I open a Word file, the template trados8.dot tries to open for edition (unsuccessfully). I am not willing to edit the template in any way, I just need to work with the Word file. Why does the template (try to) open together? How can I avoid this?

Thanks.

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Trados8.dotm Mar 3, 2012

Hi Carmen,

This issue has been discussed ad nauseam - you need Trados8.dtm for Word 2007, Trados8.dot is meant for earlier versions of Word - just delete it in the Word Startup folder and your problem should be fixed

HTH,

Bernard

Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Mar 3, 2012

Thanks a lot, Bernard, but where do I get the dtm template? In my version of Trados I only have the above mentioned one...

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
TT\Templates Mar 4, 2012

Trados8.dotm is found in the TT\Templates directory.

Bernard

Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
OK Mar 4, 2012

I see, thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados8.dot opens together with docx files

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search