Trados8.dot opens together with docx files
Thread poster: Carmen Álvarez

Carmen Álvarez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:52
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 3, 2012

Hello, I have Office 2007 and Translator's Workbench 8.2.0.835 running on Windows 7.

They were working fine together (except for the infamous "Trados changing fonts" problem) and suddenly something must have changed, because everytime I open a Word file, the template trados8.dot tries to open for edition (unsuccessfully). I am not willing to edit the template in any way, I just need to work with the Word file. Why does the template (try to) open together? How can I avoid this?

Thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Trados8.dotm Mar 3, 2012

Hi Carmen,

This issue has been discussed ad nauseam - you need Trados8.dtm for Word 2007, Trados8.dot is meant for earlier versions of Word - just delete it in the Word Startup folder and your problem should be fixed

HTH,

Bernard

Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Mar 3, 2012

Thanks a lot, Bernard, but where do I get the dtm template? In my version of Trados I only have the above mentioned one...

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
TT\Templates Mar 4, 2012

Trados8.dotm is found in the TT\Templates directory.

Bernard

Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
OK Mar 4, 2012

I see, thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados8.dot opens together with docx files

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search