Extra activations not working in Studio 2011 Freelance Plus
Thread poster: Silvia D'Amico

Silvia D'Amico  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:53
English to Italian
+ ...
Mar 3, 2012

A few months ago I purchased SDL Trados Studio 2011 Freelance Plus and installed it on my brand new desktop computer, using only the free trial period. But after a few days I had to send that PC back because it wasn't working properly, so I uninstalled Studio and formatted the pc, got another desktop computer and installed and activated SDL Trados Studio 2011 Freelance Plus. Since then everything has been working properly, until today.

I tried to install Studio on my laptop and after activating I realized that the laptop wasn't powerful enough for Studio to run smoothly. So I uninstalled it without deactivating my license. So now, on my SDL account, it says that both my license and my extra activation are in use, but that's not the case. I tried to install and activate Studio on my other desktop and in fact it won't run because both licenses are in use. Shouldn't the license get deactivated since the program has been uninstalled? Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

Many thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 18:53
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Actually Mar 3, 2012

it is very useful to read the license of the software you buy... The activation/return license is described everywhere: in the installation manual, video instructions, software manual, knowledgebase. You should always return the license before you uninstall.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:53
English
Reinstall etc.. Mar 4, 2012

Silvia83 wrote:

Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

Hi,

You need to install the software on your laptop again and then return the license. It will then become available for you on your desktop and you can uninstall from your laptop.

Regards

Paul

Silvia D'Amico  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:53
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Mar 4, 2012

I will do that, thanks again!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Extra activations not working in Studio 2011 Freelance Plus

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search