Trados 2011 does not put Excel Autoform's translated text ...
Thread poster: Wolf Kux

Wolf Kux  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 07:42
Member (2006)
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Mar 5, 2012

... into target files.

Dear All,

a client of me sent some Excel spreadsheets concerning administrative procedures to translate and he put a flow diagram on last page, that he mounted with Excel's autoforms.

I translated all segments inside Trados, including those autoform segments, but, when Trados generates the target file, then some of such autoform texts appear with source texts, not with target ones.

I searched at SDL, and there was stated that it could be some protected areas of the spreadsheet, which is not the case, since all cells are open.

Could someone help, please ?

TVMIA

Wolf Kux

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:42
English
Can you share the file? Mar 6, 2012

Hi,

We can take a look at the file and see if we can find a solution if you can share it?

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

Nathan Appel  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:42
Member (2010)
Japanese to English
Similar problem Jul 25, 2013

I'm having the same problem. In my case, I think I see a pattern relating to the cell coloring that is supposed to prevent certain text from being included in the text to be translated.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2011 does not put Excel Autoform's translated text ...

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search