Unable to enable Translation Memory in TRADOS Freelance 2011
Thread poster: SC Nova
SC Nova
SC Nova
Local time: 09:08
French to English
+ ...
Mar 6, 2012

I am trying to get my SDL Trados 2011 Freelance version to enable my translation memories.

I have used these without any problems until now, and have never moved them around from the resident file folder.

However, each time I try to open a document to translate and the dialogue box appears for Translation Memories selection, an error message comes up for all and any of the TMs I use when I try to check the ENABLE box.

The message reads (roughly): Error - ca
... See more
I am trying to get my SDL Trados 2011 Freelance version to enable my translation memories.

I have used these without any problems until now, and have never moved them around from the resident file folder.

However, each time I try to open a document to translate and the dialogue box appears for Translation Memories selection, an error message comes up for all and any of the TMs I use when I try to check the ENABLE box.

The message reads (roughly): Error - cannot find TM and it is therefore diabled

It does not give me the option to connect with the file in this dialogue box. When I try to do so in advanced settings or in the TM work windows -- following the HELP instructions provided in the software -- I am still unable to find any way of reconnecting my TM with the translation docs that are pending.

(WHY is TRADOS so darn problematic!!!!! and frustrating at every turn!!!!)

So, now I am locked out of the TM I created and am wasting time trying to find a cryptic solution that should be as easy as checking a check box or two. Thanks Trados!!!

Can anybody please help!!!???

Thanks.
Collapse

SC Nova
SC Nova
Local time: 09:08
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solution found - but.... Mar 6, 2012

I found a solution: I simply reclicked ADD and added the TMs again. Don't know why the same TMs don't work and that I have to reload them. In any case, this seems to have worked.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:08
English
Tools - Options Mar 6, 2012

Hi,

It sounds as though you have these TMs in a different location under the default template. Try going to File - Setup - Project Templates and make sure that either the default template is the one you want, or that it contains the correct TMs and their location.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to enable Translation Memory in TRADOS Freelance 2011

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »