TRADOS 6.5 Freelance (Add language)
Thread poster: Luisa Ramos, CT
Luisa Ramos, CT
Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:41
English to Spanish
Jun 14, 2004

I recently bought this software and installed it with the only two languages I need: English and Spanish. Going over the tutorials I found that they are done in English and German, so I can not follow the examples.
Is there any way to add new languages other than reinstallation? I did just that and it allows me to select MODIFY but I do not know which module to select in order to be presented with the language options, so I only selected MODIFY and the reinstallation just breezes by, does
... See more
I recently bought this software and installed it with the only two languages I need: English and Spanish. Going over the tutorials I found that they are done in English and German, so I can not follow the examples.
Is there any way to add new languages other than reinstallation? I did just that and it allows me to select MODIFY but I do not know which module to select in order to be presented with the language options, so I only selected MODIFY and the reinstallation just breezes by, does not ask any questions, does not stop, in fact, it is extremelly fast. So I am back to square one.
Collapse

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 19:41
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
Reinstall Jun 14, 2004

I'm afraid you have to reinstall Trados (uninstall and install again) to add a new language. But if you need German only for the tutorial, you can use Spanish and pretend it's German.

Luisa Ramos, CT
United States
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
TRADOS 6.5 Freelance (Add language) Jun 14, 2004

Thank you for the suggestion. I started doing that but was afraid the program might do something strange and I stopped. Anyway, I think the instructions should warn you that the tutorials are in such and such languages and tell you whether it matters that you install them or not. Thanks again.

Luisa Ramos, CT
United States
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
TRADOS 6.5 Freelance (Add language) Jun 15, 2004

I am glad to say it worked just as if I had the German language installed. I was able to finish the exercise and I am now trying with my first alignment, a long text which I am now sure I should not had made it my first choice.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS 6.5 Freelance (Add language)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »