Thread poster: DjoulZ
DjoulZ  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 00:04
English to French
Mar 11, 2012

Hi all

I use sdl trados studio 2009 sp3 9.1.2307.8 and the display is in French
I have a probleme with a keys combination which results in the active segment being framed.
It happens when I mess up the combination to move to the next segment (Alt+"+").
It wouldn't be so bad if I could cancel the action but for some reason, Ctrl+Z has no effect on the frame...
Here's a screenshot so you can better see the issue:

First segment is fine, the second segment is framed and I can't remove this black frame...
- How can I remove that frame?
- What shortcut can cause such a frame to appear?
- Can I change delete this shortcut?

Thanks for giving me your opinion on my problem and, hopefully, a solution...

DjoulZ

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Change shortcuts to whatever (nearly) you wish Mar 11, 2012

Tools - Options - Keyboard shortcuts.
And be so kind search for black frame or frame around a segment in this forum.
This frame is caused by ALT+SPACE in a current segment to mark it as a beginning of a selection.
Just click elsewhere in the text and then back into this segment - the frame will disappear.

DjoulZ  Identity Verified
France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Mar 11, 2012

thanks for your fast reply and sorry I didn't search the forum, I wasn't even sure the term "frame" applied here.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Forum search Mar 11, 2012

This forum is one of the most frequented and thus most informative forums on the Internet in respect to Studio. On top the information contained here is not in "programmers language", but really understandable to everyone.

BTW, you can also completely ignore such frame. It would disappear when closing the file at the latest.
Please do not let the program fool you - what you see on the screen is the screen formatting. The target will only be formatted according to the tags in the text. If you do not see the tags, it still does not mean they are not there You can show tags at any time by pressing the button next to the reverted P (the symbol showing white spaces, similarly as in Word). You will see, that tags are always present - and in my humble opinion working with visible tags makes it much easier to understand, what is necessary formatting in the source and what can be simply ignored.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 shortcut issue

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search