Vera Schoen  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 14:41
Member (2008)
German to Swedish
+ ...
Mar 12, 2012

Hello,

Yesterday I purchased Studio 2011+2007 and installed in on my computer (OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1).
All tools were installed properly, except Studio 2011.
After installing, I entered the license number and everything seemed fine until I tried to open it. Then the following message appeared:

- Provider load failure - System.Management.ManagementException, System.Management, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a ProviderLoadFailure System.Management -

- SDL Trados Studio 10.0.0.0 10.1.2861.1

I removed the program from my computer and installed once more. The error remained. I hoped the problem would go away during the night, but - of course - no such thing.icon_smile.gif

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Thank you!
Vera

Stuart Healey  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 21:41
Japanese to English
Anybody have info. about this problem? Apr 5, 2016

I have exactly the same problem. I am running Trados 2011 on Windows 8.1.

Was working fine yesterday. Today, I can't even open the software.

I found the below on "http://producthelp.sdl.com/kb/Articles/4576.html"

Click Start > Run...
Type: services.msc
The Services dialog will open.
Scroll in the list to:
Event Log
Windows Management Instrumentation
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Right-click on Event Log service name and choose Start.
Repeat this with the service Windows Management Instrumentation and Remote Procedure Call (RPC).
Now close the Service dialog and start SDL Trados Studio again. The error should be fixed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However, Event Log, Windows Management Instrumentation and Remote Procedure Call (RPC) are all running. I restarted Event Log, tried to restart Windows Management Instrumentation but failed for some reason. I'm not allowed to start/stop or restart Remote Procedure (RPC) as all options are grayed-out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have a deadline which is running out.

Thank you,

Stuart Healey

SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:41
Member (2014)
English to Arabic
Studio 2011: Provider load failure Apr 6, 2016

Hi Stuart,

Sorry to hear you are having problems.
Unfortunately some Windows updates have caused a few problems.
As I can see from your account you recently activated your license so I do believe this is an update issue.
Please reboot your PC- ensuring you log in as administrator- then go to Windows Control Panel search for Studio 2011- RIGHT CLICK- RUN as Administrator- RUN REPAIR.
Please note that certain AV (anti virus providers) will often quarantine perfectly safe files which can then cause a corruption.
Therefore I advise you before running the repair- to close all other programs including email etc. then temporarily disable your AV
then run the repair.

Please let me know how you get on.

KR

SDL_Steve

Stuart Healey  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 21:41
Japanese to English
Fixed it Apr 6, 2016

Dear Steve,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I managed to fix it to my surprise.

As recommended in the "http://producthelp.sdl.com/kb/Articles/4576.html" page mentioned in my first post, I used the System File Checker tool (sfc/scannow) and then "findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt" in command prompt to identify the file that was causing the problem.

The problem file was "Amd64\CNBJ2530.DPB" of prncacla.inf. A google search showed that this file is causing particular problems with Windows 8.1. There's a Microsoft Support & Malware Removal forum called sysnative, which offers a repair tool free of charge called "SFCFix". Just execute that and follow the instructions. Restarted the computer and Trados then opened.

I'm thinking of upgrading to Trados 2015. Is the new software less vulnerable to these kinds of problems?

[Edited at 2016-04-06 13:56 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011: Provider load failure

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search