Thread poster: Hirofumi Murata

Hirofumi Murata  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 15:10
English to Japanese
+ ...
Mar 14, 2012

Hello from Japan,

I just purchased [SDL Trados 2011 Freelance (SDL Trados 2007 Suite excluded)] last month(on Feb.21, 2011) as a new customer because I had used Trados 2006.

Now I realized I should have purchased [SDL Trados 2007 Suite] because some of my
clients require it.

Is there any way for me to purchase [SDL Trados 2007 Suite] separately?

or

Can SDL exchange my [SDL Trados 2011 Freelance (SDL Trados 2007 Suite excluded)]
with [SDL Trados Studio 2011 Freelance + Trados 2007]?

or

Do I need to purchase [SDL Trados Studio 2011 Freelance + Trados 2007]
as a new customer AGAIN?

Please advise.

Thank you in advance!

Hirofumi

[Edited at 2012-03-14 04:37 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-03-14 04:37 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:10
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Live chat Mar 14, 2012

If you go to the SDL store page http://www.translationzone.com/en/translator-shop/shop_main.asp there is a live chat.
I expect you will be able to add Trados 2007 to what you have just purchased by paying the difference, but the live chat salesperson is the person you need to talk to.

By the way, Trados 2007 really isn't necessary if you have Studio 2011. When you say your clients require it, what exactly are they asking for?
A bilingual doc? If they can presegment the original file and send it to you, then you can translate it in Studio 2011.
A TTX file? You can create this with the TTX-IT app that is installed with Studio 2011 and then translate it in Studio.
A TMX memory? You can upgrade TMX (and TMW) in Studio to make use of your clients' TMs and export your SDLTMs into TMX.

Hope that helps,
Emma

Hirofumi Murata  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 15:10
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Mar 15, 2012

Thank you for the advice Emma!

I am contacting a SDL support now and I have been offered a refund.

I bought it with TGB(in Feb) and now there is another TGB going on.

Hopefully I can get Trados 2007 by paying the difference.

Hirofumi

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Purchasing SDL Trados 2007 Suite separately

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search