France
Local time: 11:07
Member (2009)
German to French
+ ...
Mar 15, 2012

Hello,

when I click on "save as", this caption appears:
"an error occured while converting fields back to Microsoft Word format: possible field deletion"

And when I click on this notification, then it appears (in German):
"this notification does not correspond to a point in the document"

>> What can I do? The client is waiting!

Thanks in advance!

Claire Cox
Claire Cox
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:07
French to English
+ ...
I find this with ppt files Mar 15, 2012

Hi Elodie,

I can't help, I'm afraid, but I get this with PowerPoint files for a certain client. They use Trados 2007 and (I suspect) Powerpoint 2003, whereas I use Studio 2009 and PowerPOint 2007. I presume that's the issue. When I return the ttx file to the client, they're able to convert them no problem, but I'd be interested to hear what others have to say.

Elodie Bonnafous
Elodie Bonnafous
France
Member (2009)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trados 7, indeed Mar 15, 2012

Dear Claire,

my client uses trados 7 indeed, I sent them the bilingual file, but they expect me to convert it.

Any idea how to do that?

Anne-Laure Martin
Anne-Laure Martin  Identity Verified
France
Spanish to French
+ ...
Reprocess the file Mar 15, 2012

Hi Élodie,

I assume you translation is saved in your memory ? I would close the project, and start another one and reprocess the word file this way.

Also maybe, there are tags from internet in your source file or something that could block the normal trados process, in this case, to be sure, I would copy and paste my source text in Word in order to keep only content in text format.

Bonne chance.

George Cook
George Cook
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:07
French to English
+ ...
Regular problem Mar 15, 2012

This happens a great deal. It simply means that there is a field tag missing from somewhere within your document. It is incredibly annoying that the software refuses to tell you where the problem occurs (it must know).

If you ensure that your view is set so that all tags are showing and then scroll throught the document, you should be able to see where the tag is missing (NB: field tags are those with square corners, rather than triangular), and then simply insert it in the target s
... See more
This happens a great deal. It simply means that there is a field tag missing from somewhere within your document. It is incredibly annoying that the software refuses to tell you where the problem occurs (it must know).

If you ensure that your view is set so that all tags are showing and then scroll throught the document, you should be able to see where the tag is missing (NB: field tags are those with square corners, rather than triangular), and then simply insert it in the target segment.

You should then be able to "Save As..." without any problems.
Collapse

Bérangère Chevallier
Bérangère Chevallier
Spain
Member (2010)
English to French
+ ...
The problem was the tags indeed Jun 28, 2013

Thanks Georges, I restablished the tags and it worked for me!

Thank you SO much.

Elodie Bonnafous
Elodie Bonnafous
France
Member (2009)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Jun 28, 2013

Anne-Laure : that's precisely what I did, but I had the same result when I tried to go on with the translation.

Anyway, thanks to all of you, I simply restarted the computer and everything worked again...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2009 refusing to "save as"

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »