Thread poster: Heinrich Pesch

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 12:12
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Mar 16, 2012

I do not have much experience with using Multiterm in Trados 2007 with Tageditor. But this project I decided to do in Trados. Now I get strange results from term recognition. If there is the word "Aufstellung", term recognition sees "Aufstellungsort" for example (Wasserhahn -> Wasserhärte). Nor do I see the translation in the term recognition window but have to click the diamond icon in order to see what is in the database. And often WB crashes when I do that.
Is this normal or should I re-install the whole stuff?

[Bearbeitet am 2012-03-16 14:38 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

564354352  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 11:12
Danish to English
+ ...
May depend on match settings Mar 17, 2012

Hi Heinrich

I think it is quite normal for MT to suggest words that contain or are almost identical to words in your source text.

However, you can change the recognition match value in the Workbench under Options / Terminology Recognition Options / Settings. The default is probably set to 70 %, so it's up to you how precise you want matches to be.

I am wondering whether the problem with not seeing the translation from your termbase could be that MT is set to a different language combination than the one you are working in? If MT is set to German-English and you are working in French-English, you will see the source word but not the desired translation, even if this is in your MT.

As for Workbench crashing when you go to look something up in MT: No, that is definitely not normal, you should be able to do that as much as you like.

Gitte

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does your Multiterm work correctly?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search