Thread poster: Andy Lemminger
Andy Lemminger
Andy Lemminger  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 17:32
Member (2002)
English to German
Mar 16, 2012

Whenever I open a termbase I just created in the workbench (2007), it will be gone again after restarting the workbench.

How can I make sure that it stays permanently in the list of selected termbases?

Martina Klett
Martina Klett  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:32
Italian to German
+ ...
Termbase or translation memory? Mar 16, 2012

Hi Andy,

since termbases are created in MultiTerm I suppose you mean "translation memory"? If so, please check your setting in Trados Translator's Workbench under Options - Translation Memory Options - Recently used translation memory list. The value should be different to "0".

HTH
Martina

Andy Lemminger
Andy Lemminger  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 17:32
Member (2002)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Term Recognition Mar 16, 2012

Hi Martina,

No, I mean termbases. I add them for term recognition via Options/Term Recognition Options in the workbench...

Andy

564354352 (X)
564354352 (X)  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 01:32
Danish to English
+ ...
You can't Mar 16, 2012

Hi Andy

I asked SDL Support the same question a while back, and the answer was: you have to attach MultiTerm termbases every time you start TWB.

Annoying, but it quickly becomes routine.

Gitte

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2007 forgets termbases

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »