TRADOS Flowcharts
Thread poster: Luisa Ramos, CT
Luisa Ramos, CT
Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:33
English to Spanish
Jun 16, 2004

I am new to TRADOS, using Freelance 6.5 in a Windows 2000 operating system environment.
I am having problems understanding the interaction of the different modules and processes, i.e., what should I do first, second, etc. Are there flowcharts to help me "see" the sequence of events and processes and interfaces?

Matt Baird
Matt Baird
Germany
Local time: 00:33
German to English
Check out tutorials Jun 16, 2004

Hi there,
If you haven't already, take a look at the tutorials that came with the software. These walk you through the various steps for translating segements, cleaning files, etc. Each step is simulated onscreen so you can see excatly where to click and how the screen might look.
There is also some workflow information found in the user guides, but it may be more difficult to follow. The tutorials, however, should be a big help for someone completely new to Trados.

Hope
... See more
Hi there,
If you haven't already, take a look at the tutorials that came with the software. These walk you through the various steps for translating segements, cleaning files, etc. Each step is simulated onscreen so you can see excatly where to click and how the screen might look.
There is also some workflow information found in the user guides, but it may be more difficult to follow. The tutorials, however, should be a big help for someone completely new to Trados.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Matt
Collapse

Luisa Ramos, CT
United States
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Tutorials Jun 16, 2004

Thank you, Matt.
I already followed the tutorials and I am also goingo to take the online seminars. I just wanted a more graphic way of "seeing" the interfaces, the flow and the sequence of steps involved in the translation of one document.
Thanks anyway.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:33
English to German
+ ...
File Formats Reference Guide Jun 16, 2004

Hi Luisa,
The File Formats Reference Guide is also a pretty useful resource.

Best regards, Ralf

[Edited at 2004-06-16 20:44]

Luisa Ramos, CT
United States
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
File Formats Jun 17, 2004

Thank you, Ralf. I am downloading that file and hope that with that and the seminars and the tutorials I will be able to navigate TRADOS with confidence. I have many years of experience dealing with systems and I found this to be a complex application worthy of reading and experimenting before getting in it a full speed.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS Flowcharts

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »