https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/220886-failed_to_save_target_content_error_while_converting_to_word_document.html

Failed to save target content: Error while converting to Word Document
Thread poster: adrienneiii
adrienneiii
adrienneiii
United States
Local time: 19:25
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 19, 2012

Hello there, I am both new to Trados Studio (2009 SP3) and up against the gun on this one! I see that many others have had this kind of problem but it seems to have related to tags or fields or other exotica. Mine seems to be a general problem (when I double-click the message it tells me "there is no particular location in the document associated with this problem).

I don't understand why this problem has arisen. Because I'm new to the application, early on in the process I generate
... See more
Hello there, I am both new to Trados Studio (2009 SP3) and up against the gun on this one! I see that many others have had this kind of problem but it seems to have related to tags or fields or other exotica. Mine seems to be a general problem (when I double-click the message it tells me "there is no particular location in the document associated with this problem).

I don't understand why this problem has arisen. Because I'm new to the application, early on in the process I generated the (very partially translated) final document just to check everything was working smoothly, and it was. Now, 30% into a lengthy document, the whole thing decides it doesn't want to work any more. Major trouble situation.

Any ideas? I tried resetting the filter framework as previously advised to someone with a similar problem (http://srp.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/185348-error_in_studio_2009_when_trying_to_open_pdf:_this_file_type_is_not_supported.html), but I can't do it as there is no Studio1 folder (?).

Thanks so much.
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:25
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Please verify the document with F8 Mar 19, 2012

and check for any reported missing tags.

adrienneiii
adrienneiii
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
You are my new hero! Mar 19, 2012

I didn't know about the file verification procedure, which is what comes of launching into this process without really learning first (I've always found it easier to learn "on the job" but maybe that doesn't work for Trados).

Turned out I had neglected to copy across two footnote references, and doing that solved the problem. I would have thought that the error message would have indicated something along those lines, but anyway. I am thrilled. Only one entire morning lost and now t
... See more
I didn't know about the file verification procedure, which is what comes of launching into this process without really learning first (I've always found it easier to learn "on the job" but maybe that doesn't work for Trados).

Turned out I had neglected to copy across two footnote references, and doing that solved the problem. I would have thought that the error message would have indicated something along those lines, but anyway. I am thrilled. Only one entire morning lost and now time to pick up my son from school!

Honestly, I can't thank you enough...
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:25
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You were able to save the document previously Mar 19, 2012

So something must have been wrong with the translation.
The verification is always the first thing to do in case.
Otherwise the message mostly tells you what kind of problem do you have. So I was indeed wondering if the message was just as posted, or maybe it has told something about missing reference tags.

adrienneiii
adrienneiii
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That was the strange thing... Mar 19, 2012

...it didn't say anything about tags at all. Anyway, all's well that ends well and I wish I could give you brownie points or something!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Failed to save target content: Error while converting to Word Document

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »