Unwanted tags for curly apostrophe in Trados Studio 2011
Thread poster: Studio-ti
Studio-ti
Italy
Local time: 15:41
English
Mar 21, 2012

Hi there!
I am currently migrating from Trados 2007 to Trados Studio 2011.
I was used to translating .ttx files resulting from the conversion of FrameMaker .mif files.
And I was instructed to use smart quotes and curly apostrophe (had them in the source file and used them in the target files as well).
Now the problem is: when I use my old TM (duly updated via Studio), and new .mif files with the same characteristics as before, I get a lot of mismatch because, in the TM, Studio tags every single curly apostrophe it finds.
Is there any way to by-pass this problem, i.e. to tell Trados Studio not to tag my apostrophes (but recognize they are curly) so that I am not forced to review and confirm every single 99/98% match (which is, in fact, a 100% match except for the tags)?
By-passing the problem would save me loads and loads of time!
Thank you very much for your support,
Anna

Direct link Reply with quote

George Cook
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:41
French to English
+ ...
Probably not Mar 21, 2012

I am by no means certain, but I suspect that there's nothing you can do about this. Trados routinely tags any "special" characters (non-breaking hyphens etc.), and it comes as no surprise to me that it creates tags for curly apostrophes and smart quotes.

So I think you'll have to reconfirm them all.

The good news is, you'll only have to do it once!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unwanted tags for curly apostrophe in Trados Studio 2011

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search